Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Tomatoes!

 I don't really consider myself a gardener; that is I love fresh garden produce but don't really enjoy all the digging, weeding, watering etc. that is required to get the fresh garden produce. I tolerate doing all those gardening chores because I really like the end result, but it also means that if the end result is less than satisfactory I am not a very happy gardener!

This year much of our garden was less than satisfactory, but the 4 little Celebrity tomato plants that I got at Home Depot have been amazingly prolific! I started making tally marks with chalk on the fence to record the tomatoes I picked; I'm at 160 so far and the plants are still loaded! We have been eating tomatoes every day and making lots of fresh salsa as well as putting many in the freezer for sauce in the future. I guess we are all getting our daily vitamin C and lycopene!

No comments:

Post a Comment