Monday, April 22, 2013

A Picture Paints a Thousand Words...

I don't know that this photo represents a thousand words, but certainly many thoughts. I snapped this picture on our recent visit to the wave pool in Canada. This young pregnant mom, dressed in the full burqa of the Muslim faith, was playing with her two toddlers in the water. Watching her with her children brought many conflicting thoughts to my mind. In so many ways she was a young mom enjoying her children much like my own daughters or daughter-in-law; at the same time I felt sadness for the life of bondage that she is entrapped in; and I felt fear for the world that has embraced this religion and for the impact it will surely have on my children and grandchildren. I can only pray for her and the many more like her, that they will know the truth.

"and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” John 8:32


No comments:

Post a Comment