Wednesday, October 9, 2013

60 Years Ago Today...

Although we did our celebrating last month, today marks 60 years of marriage for Dad & Mom. In honor of their special day I will reprint my post from their 59th anniversary. It is every bit as true today as one year ago. I only hope that there will be many more anniversaries yet to celebrate!
Today my parents celebrate 60 years of marriage. That is an admirable milestone in and of itself, but what is more admirable to me is the way in which they have lived out those 60 years. Their life's journey took them from the farm to major cities all across Canada. Their retirement years brought a total loss of vision for my mom and now in their senior years they face the multitude of health challenges that come with age. The journey of life often takes us to unexpected places, but Mom and Dad have always embraced their life with contentment and graciousness. Wherever they went they made friends, found a church and got to know their neighbors. They have always practiced kindness, generosity and hospitality. I am so blessed to have them as my parents.

So today I say ~ Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

Here is a song for your anniversary:





No comments:

Post a Comment