Monday, September 30, 2013

Another Quilt Story...

For those of you that read my daughter Angela's blog, you may have seen her recent post on the quilts that she and Melody made years ago. (You can click here to read it if you've not seen it.)

When I saw her post I decided that I needed to show you all another quilt project that my two girls did years ago! About 11 years ago I had seen a quilt in a Pottery Barn catalog that I just loved; well the girls created a very close replica of that quilt including pillow shams, as a gift for Bob and me and managed to keep it a surprise right up until the "quilting" stage. It is beautiful and we have been using it continuously for 10 years now.

I have some photos here of the quilt as well as a scan of the catalog page that was their inspiration. I am still amazed at how similar it looks!




The whole quilt is hand quilted plus tied at all the corners. They embroidered their initials and date on a backside corner.
Here is the Pottery Barn catalog quilt:

 Thank you girls! I love the quilt and I love that you made it!


No comments:

Post a Comment